Lilly Buns BoutiqueaboutSon Rise Photographytutorials

Friday, May 4, 2012

Sour Cream Enchiladas

Cinco de mayo is coming up tomorrow,  so I figured I'd share one of my favorite tex-mex recipes.  Yes, gringas like me would probably think this was "real" Mexican food.  But I married into a Mexican family so I know better :)

My aunt used to make this for my family and it quickly became one of my favorites.  I swear it's better the next day, IF you can stop everyone from eating them up so you'll actually have leftovers!  They are easy to make a double batch to share an extra pan with friends or pop into the freezer for later!  (I'll post a picture soon!)

Ingredients
1 lb of lean ground beef, turkey, or chicken
1 packet of taco seasoning, or the equivalent in your favorite recipe
1.5 lb tub of sour cream
large can of cream of mushroom soup (the huge family size one)
1 can of chopped green chilies (get the slightly larger can)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or the "Mexican blend"
approximately 20 flour tortillas

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Prepare the ground beef with the taco seasonings following the directions on the package.  While meat is browning, combine the sour cream, green chilies, and cream of mushroom soup.  After the meat is finished, put about a 1/4 c in the center of a tortilla.  (warming the tortillas before hand will make it easier to roll, but isn't completely necessary) Roll the tortilla around the beef and place in a 9x13 pan with the ends of the tortilla facing down until you have filled the pan with enchiladas.  Place about half of the sour cream mixture over the rolled enchiladas and sprinkle with half of the cheese.  Do the same for another pan.  I'm usually just a few enchiladas shy of 2 full pans.
Place in the oven and heat until the cheese is melted and bubbly and brown and delicious and the sauce has warmed through!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I thrive off of positive feedback, I'd love to hear yours :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...