Lilly Buns BoutiqueaboutSon Rise Photographytutorials

Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Brother!

My Three Brothers (Joshua, Caleb, Samuel)
We got some very special news to be thankful for this Thanksgiving! I knew something was up when my oldest brother called me asking if we could Facetime.  I had a feeling I knew what it was, but I let them spill the beans...my sis-in-law for all of 6 months is PREGNANT!!! I'm so excited! This is my first blood niece or neffew and I couldn't be happier for them! Now, this may not seem like something to blog about, so let me back up a little bit.
His Wife :)

3 Years ago on August 19, while I was visiting my family, we got a phone call that shook our world.  The message said Caleb has been in an accident.  The tough ex-marine-turned-sailor on the other end sounded as if he was crying.  We knew it was serious.  After finally getting in touch with someone to see what had happened (he was stationed with the Navy in Norfolk, VA at the time), we headed up that way.  At the time all we knew was that he had dove into a pool, and now couldn't feel his legs.  The surgical nurse at the hospital said if it was her kid, she'd go up there.  So we all loaded up the car at about 9 pm and made the long drive from SC to norfolk.  

We arrived there just as he was finishing up surgery.  When he had dove into the pool, he hit the top of his head and his chin was forced down to his chest.  the impact caused his C6 vertebra to break and a small piece press on his spinal chord.  He is now paralyzed from the waist down.  

He has some control of some of his abdominal muscles, and can move several toes on his right foot (these are things he's gained since the accident!)  He still has a good bit of feeling in his legs, and is gaining more all the time.  He's come such a long way since the accident! 

This past June he married such a wonderful girl.  She seriously fits right in with our family! We've all known her for quite some time, but just last year we were all reunited.  She is so helpful and amazing, and I'm so glad I now have a sister! (ok, to be fair I have to sis-in-laws on my hubby's side, but I'm not close to them--something I've been praying for to change!)  They sure got knocked-up fast, but it's all in God's timing! I'm so happy for them, and so glad that science has been able to make this happen for him!

As much as they get knocked all the time, our family would seriously be nowhere if it weren't for the VA hospital in Richmond VA.  I also have to say that the PVA (paralyzed veterans of America) has been a tremendous support as well! We were even able to meet Richard Petty at an event in Charlotte because of his involvement with the PVA.  For some southern kids that grew up watching races, it was a real honor!  Please do whatever you can to support these organizations, and your troops! 

Please keep my bubba and sissy in your prayers as they embark on this new chapter in their lives! They are building a house, now so that's adding to the stress!! God's really been laying on my heart to pray for Caleb's complete healing, so please be praying with me for that!  Thanks for sharing in my excitement!! 

- Celesa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thrive off of positive feedback, I'd love to hear yours :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...