Lilly Buns BoutiqueaboutSon Rise Photographytutorials

Friday, November 18, 2011

My Latest Obsessions

I've got a problem.  To me it's a really, really big problem.  Ya see, I feel bad for thanksgiving.  I mean, it's always getting put second to Christmas.  Especially this year, stores are opening so early that people are just focused on their Christmas shopping.  But that's really not my problem. My problem is the guilt I feel for joining in.  I just can't fight it anymore! The draw of Christmas is just too hard to resist! It's time to indulge my latest obsessions!

I'm seriously obsessed with all the awesome things I can make to decorate my house for Christmas! I have a little problem, though! I don't have enough surfaces to put everything on! Even after the remodel is finished, I'm not sure we will have enough places for all the things I want to make! I've got a lot of planning to do!!

One of the things I'm most obsessed with are cones! There's paper mache cones, wooden cones, Styrofoam cones, paper covered cones, tinsel covered cones, fabric covered cones, cones made to look like trees, and cones made to look like santa, there's just so many things you can do with a cone! {woah! Sorry, I was channeling Bubba from Forrest Gump there for a second!} Seriously, though there are SO many things one can do! Here's just a few of my favorites!
I love these from How to Nest for Less
These are Way Fab from Thrifty Decor Chick!


Another thing are wreaths! Little else can make the outside of your house more inviting than a wreath! There's so many cute ones! I can't decide which I want to make! I'm leaning toward trying to make one with a nativity scene in the middle.  But these here are just so dang cute! Hmmm, maybe I could just have a few and change them out each week...Maybe?
This one is BEAUTIFUL! From Whipperberry
How amazing is this one from Miss Fancy Pants?

Another new tradition I'm definitely starting this year is an advent calendar! I've just got to come up with the perfect one to make! I really love the idea of counting down the days with some education for my sweet daughter! Here are a few tutorials I've seen for them, but none I've fallen head over heals in love with, yet.
Well, I may have fallen in love with this one made with the
FABULOUS Silhouette CAMEO that I want so badly! by: Amy Totty 

We just might end up with this one from makoodle.com
Well, I hope you've been a little inspired today! I'm totally having a fit wanting to get to the store for supplies to make some of this fabulousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thrive off of positive feedback, I'd love to hear yours :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...